Standard Bank Learnership 2020 – 2021
Standard Bank Learnership 2020 – 2021
Standard Bank South Africa
About Standard Bank
Standard Bank Group is a 155 year old financial establishment and is the largest African banking group by assets providing banking and related financial services. Standard Bank’s business includes personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking and wealth management. It has operations in 20 countries in the African continent and has a partnership with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC). Standard Bank Group is listed on the JSE Limited with share code SBK and the Namibian Stock Exchange with share code SNB. The group complies to the Code of Banking Practice to guarantee quality financial services
Standard Bank Learnership
Standard Bank Learnership is a programme that helps unemployed South African matriculants and graduates gain employment experience in the financial services industry. This learnership is a 12-month programme providing professional exposure to different roles within Standard Bank branches and offices throughout South Africa.
Successful candidates will be selected based on specific qualifications and requirements and will sign a 12-month fixed-term employment and learnership contract. The learnership recipients will be given learner allowance of R2 500 a month for the duration of their programme. Upon successful completion of the learnership programme, candidates will receive an accredited National Certificate in Banking (NQF level 4)
Learnership Requirements and Eligibility
- 18 to 30 years old
- Speaking, reading and writing English skills
- Matric completion with passing mark in Mathematics, Maths Literacy and Accounting
- Computer literate
- Not permanently employed
- Not studying at any other institution
- Not registered on any other learnership
As part of the application process, the applicants will be background-checked for register for employees dismissed, credit record, criminal record, reference checks with previous employers (if applicable), educational qualifications and proof of South African citizenship, residency or work permit
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time towards a SAICA recognised degree
- Studying or intend on studying at a SAICA recognised tertiary institution
- Aim to complete your degree in the minimum number of years
- Matric students: must achieve a minimum of 4 “A” symbols (excluding Life Orientation)
- 1st year tertiary students: must achieve a minimum of 70% for Financial Accounting and a minimum overall average of 65%
- 2nd year tertiary students: must achieve a minimum of 65% for Financial Accounting and a minimum overall average of 65%
- 3rd year tertiary students: must achieve a minimum of 60% for Financial Accounting and a minimum overall average of 60%
- CTA students: must achieve a minimum of 55% for Financial Accounting and a minimum overall average of 50%
How to Apply and Application Detail
- Register your profile on the Standard Bank Graduate site
- Complete the online assessment and have at least 60% mark.
- After passing the online assessment, the applicants will be contacted to perform competency-based tests.
- The final step will require a face-to-face interview.
Applications done in any other method except for online application will be rejected.
There are a couple of different once and they may not all open at the same time. Applicants are advised to be on the watch out when the year starts so they don’t miss out on this opportunity.
Address: 9th Flr Standard Bank Centre 5 Simmonds StreetJohannesburg 2001
Post: P O Box 7725 Johannesburg 2000
Tel: 0860 123 000