Apply now for the Transnet Bursary
Various Fields of Study
About Transnet Bursary
Transnet bursaries are awarded annually as part of the company’s as a result of human capital development which in accordance with its employment needs. All bursaries are offered to applicants who wish to pursue studies towards Engineering fields. Above all Transnet bursary covers tuition fees, accommodation and meals, book allowance as well as experiential training.
As a engineering and logistics giant Transnet is an integrated freight transport in addition its a company that delivers goods throughout South Africa.So above all It has five operating divisions namely Transnet Freight Rail (formerly Spoornet), Transnet Rail Engineering (formerly Transwerk), Transnet National Ports Authority (formerly the NPA), Transnet Port Terminals (formerly SAPO) and the Transnet Pipelines (formerly Petronet)
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens
- Grade 12 Learners with excellent academic achievements
- Minimum five stars in Mathematics and Physical Science
- Students currently studying towards B Eng or B.Sc Engineering in the disciplines such as Civil, Mechanical, Electrical (Heavy Current), Industrial, Electronic and Metallurgy (Physical).
How to Apply and Application Details
- Firstly Download and complete the Transnet Bursary application form. (pdf)
- Secondly Attach certified copies of the following documents together with your application form:
- Acceptance Letter / Proof of Registration
- Matric Certificate / latest Academic Records
- Updated CV
- Thirdly and most importantly Send your applications to: email@example.com or by fax at 011 774 9235.
Communication for interview and selection will only be conducted to short-listed applicants. Then thereafter shall interviews will take place in Johannesburg, Bloemfontein, Cape Town and Durban.
Upon final selection awarding is subject to the interview results, satisfactory academic results and medical test results.
31 July, every year
Address: Floor 21 Carlton Centre 150 Commissioner Street Johannesburg
Telephone: (011) 308 1246
Fax: (011) 774 9235